Search Engine OptimizationNatural or organic search engine optimization is the employment of a combination of both "on-the-page" and "off-the-page" tactics to improve the rankings of web pages on the textual organic search results of major search engines across a defined set of keyword phrases. An effective search engine optimization (SEO) campaign can result in top placements in the search results and lead to more targeted website traffic.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Overview
A strategic comprehensive search engine optimization program starts with the development of a SEO plan, including a website review, keyword research and selection, competitive analysis and a search engine optimization tactical plan.
The attributes that contribute to content indexing and high rankings in the organic search engine listings at the major search engines can be categorized into six major components:
- Keyword research
- Keyword optimization (SEO copywriting) of website content
- Web page construction, page code optimization and image search optimization
- Site architecture, URL structure, site navigation and internal link analysis
- Link popularity and external link analysis
- Web server configuration/domain name issues/duplicate content issues
Our goal is to rank a client's website in premier positions on the organic search result pages of the major crawler-based search engines. We first identify the measurable client goals and objectives, then select the optimum target keywords and then optimize the page content and/or create keyword-targeted information pages which we integrate in the website. Those pages are carefully created to target two to three keyword phrases. We also pay close attention to link building, specific strategies for increasing the number of inbound links from other websites, which result in higher rankings and more traffic.
The website content, page construction, site navigation, HTML coding, site architecture and page URL's can have a significant impact on the ultimate success of a search engine optimization campaign. Therefore, as part of the search engine optimization effort, our SEO consultants will implement the website content, navigation and site architectural changes necessary to make it easy for crawler-based search engines to index the content of a website and to determine page relevancy for ranking.
Some top listings will appear in the search results within four to five days after submission when paid inclusion services are used. This is the case with websites submitted to Yahoo!, AllTheWeb and AltaVista through the Yahoo! Search Submit paid inclusion program. Free inclusion, (through a free crawl, without guaranteed listing, into Yahoo!, Google, Microsoft Live Search and other major search engines), may take up to six months for websites with new domain names. New website content pages and updates to existing web pages usually are crawled within 30 days and appear in the index and search results within two weeks to three months.
Search Engine Optimization Implementation
Our implementation process includes, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- Writing and implementation or editing of page titles and meta tags
- Implementation of search engine "friendly" coding, site navigation and website structural changes to make it easy for search engines to crawl the content of web pages and determine their relevancy for ranking
- Fixing broken links and eliminating your error messages
- Development of high quality content optimized for humans and search engines and templates for keyword-targeted content pages
- Integration of keyword-targeted content pages into main website. We include links on these pages to guide the search engine spider through the website content
- Acquire inbound links from popular related websites and web directories and through link baiting campaigns to improve link popularity
Any payments to the search engines in the form of paid inclusion fees are quoted separately.